I could just write a scripture for peace of mind; however, I believe if you’re looking for Bible scriptures on the peace of the mind then you may need something a little deeper based off a few Bible scriptures throughout the Bible. In this article I not only want to show you what the word of God says about having true peace mentally and emotionally, but I want to show you how to stay in peace for all eternity.
We are living in a time in the world where mental illness is on an all-time rise. We must know what the word of God says about this issue so that we can keep our minds healed. Whether if you’re a Christian or not I am talking to you today. I want you to be free from the mental attacks that are coming against so many.
Bible Scriptures On Peace of Mind
I know, some of the things I am about to talk about you won’t hear at some college, or university. But I will show you what the Bible says and then you can make up your own mind to believe the Bible and live in victory or what some professor may tell you and live in mental bondage all your life. For there is power in God’s word when the Holy Spirit makes it come to life.
The Bible speaks of 13 attacks of the mind, I will only highlight them to you with scripture and you can go back and study this for yourself. There is so much information on this subject in the Bible I would have to write a whole book about the mind all by itself. But I will spare you the long reading and cut it down to one article.
13 Attacks of the Mind
- Grieved – Gen26:35
- Sorrowful – Deut 28:65
- Worry – 1 Sam 9:20
- Wicked – Prov 21:27, and Ezek 38:10
- Harden – Dan 5:20
- Doubtful – Lk 12:29
- Reprobate – Rom 1:28
- Vanity – Eph 4:17
- Carnal – Rom 8: 6,7
- Fleshly – Col 2:18, and Rom 8:5
- Shaken – 2 Thess 2:2
- Defiled – Titus 1:15
- Insane – Mk 5:15, and Lk 8:35
You see, there are more than one scripture for peace of mind throughout the Bible. You must research the word of God not this skim to find true answers to life. Not all the issues mentioned above are demonic, some are just dealing with the human nature (the flesh). I will not get into how to deal with the flesh in this article but if you ever heard my Podcast Days of Glory you know I talk about dying to self often and how to put the flesh under subjection to God’s word.
Finding Peace of Mind Through the Bible
To be spiritually minded is a mind that is focus of the things of God. That’s why I strongly urge anyone reading this to allow the scriptures of God’s word to fill your mind continually day after day. Sometimes you may need to follow someone who ministers the word from Genesis to Revelation leaving nothing out. The whole Bible not parts, there is power in the word if you would only believe. It is the precious word of God that can bring liberty to your mind.
We are told in the scriptures that great peace is found for those who love the word of God.
Great peace have they which love thy law:
And nothing shall offend them. Psalm 119:165
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3
Notice the words great, and perfect peace, not a little peace, not imperfect or temporary peace as the world gives. But perfect peace that will last an eternity only to those who know the leading of the Holy Spirit and the word of God to fill you richly in your mind Col 3:16.
This article is not to teach you about all the issues in the world, but you can find that the issues of the world stem back to the 13 attacks mentioned above from the Bible. Also remember just because you fill your mind with God’s scriptures doesn’t mean satan will leave you alone. We also have a responsibility, and that responsibility is to keep our minds from the filth that this world offers.
How To Keep Ourselves in the Peace of Mind
I cannot just point to one scripture for peace of mind and magically all your problems go away. There is a responsibility that we must take part in for this peace to continual in our lives forever. But the price we pay is worth the results if you are after peace of mind. In Jude verse 21 the Bible tells us to keep ourselves in the love of God. How do we keep ourselves in a dark and miserable world.
There are 5 keys to keeping yourselves that I will list below.
- Be careful what you allow your eyes to see., don’t lust after others (Matt 5: 27, 28), be very carful what you allow your eyes to see, this includes movies, shows and social media. If you’re watching filth on tv or computer, you are inviting that filth into your life.
- Fight against wrong thoughts (1 Corinthians 10:5), this is something that we all struggle with but must be fought Matthew 15:18,19.
- Association is very powerful, be careful who you associate with. I one sinner can destroy much in your life. Never trust anyone quickly, always put them through a testing period before you completely open up everything to them 1 Thessalonians 5:12.
- Again, I must add this again, the word of God, Let the scriptures fill your mind day and night if you can Psalm 119:11. The word when it is saturating your mind will give you great insight and direction Psalm 199:105.
- And of course, prayer, daily communion with God Almighty will keep you in peace and give you the strength to stay strong in any season of your life. Isaiah 26:3. Remember as a Christian it is vital for prayer, it’s a command not a suggestion for your Christian walk so that you can stay strong.
Amazing Peace of the Mind
Once you followed through the scriptures and practiced each step, we covered here in this article you will find amazing results by the power of God’s Spirit. Here are five life changing results that can happen for anyone if they truly want that peace that is beyond understanding.
Five Wonderful Places That the Holy Spirit Wants to Bring You in Your Mind.
- A willing mind – 1 Chronicles 28:9 This is the place you get to where you’re fully surrendered to God’s will, and it all starts in the mind. This is the place where you are ready in season and out of season, complete 100% surrendered.
- Readiness of mind – Acts 17:11
- Humility of mind – Col 3:12 Paul tells us to serve the Lord with all humility of mind Acts 20:19. A place that only the Spirit of the Lord can bring you. Humility of mind is this, you are nothing, you have nothing, and you can do nothing WITHOUT JESUS!
- Lowliness of mind – Phil 2:3 Never think of yourself too highly. A great example of lowliness of mind is Jesus the lion, becoming the lamb to be slaughtered. You know that you are special but, not trying to prove it to others.
- Sound mind – 2 Tim 1:7 A sound mind cancels out all fear, worry and doubt.
There is no one scripture for peace of mind but if you follow this outline that is based on the word of God you will find a life of peace and joy that is beyond explanation. Father, I pray everyone reading this article will find that wonderful place of peace that you brought me, touch every mind and heart now in Jesus name.